BPR - Post graduate Degree - 1 year
Please be informed that Dr BR Ambedkar Open University, among others, is offering One year post-graduate Degree, Bachelor of Public Relations (BPR) (English Medium). Last date for filing the applications is 14th September 2012 without fine.
1. An applicant must be a graduate of a recognised University. Preference will be given to the candidates having experience in Public Relations/Communication/
Advertising/Mass Media Organizations and allied fields.
2. Graduates who have passed the PG Diploma in Public Relations (6 papers) of this University can also seek admission to the degree course for the award of the BPR Degree (8 papers) after completion of two more papers
1. To enable the students to get acquainted with the basic principles of Public Relations, Communication, Advertising, Journalism etc
2. To train the students in the techniques of Public Relations for pursuing a career in Public Relations and discharging their duties as Public Relations professionals efficiently.
3. To expose the students to the various concepts and models of development and enable them to understand the role of Public Relations in national development. This will facilitate the students in applying Public Relations skills in eradicating economic poverty besides promoting participative development.
4. To provide sufficient grounding in the art of writing for mass media such as Newspaper, Radio & Television
5. To enable the students to observe the function of Public Relations departments and media establishments like Newspapers, Radio & Doordarshan etc to gain an insight into the practice of public relations and use of media in promoting organizations which they represent.
Papers: [Theory - 7 & Practical - 1]
1. Principles of Communication & Public Relations (100 marks)
2. Public Relations Media (100 marks)
3. Public Relations Management (100 marks)
4. Editing & Production and Corporate Publications (100 marks)
5. Advertising (100 marks)
6. Writing for Media (100 marks)
7. Public Relations and Development (100 marks)
8. Project Report (Study paper - 100 marks)
Study Center in AP:
Govt PG College for Women, Begumpet, Hyderabad 500016, Ph: 040-27760264. Contact-cum-Counseling classes are held on Sundays.
Faculty: (P G Counselors)
Ms S Sujatha - Paper 1
Mr F R Michael - Paper 2
Mr K M K Rao - Paper 3
Mr L T C Rao - Paper 4
Mr Ch Rajkumar - Paper 5
Mr C Elbert - Paper 6
Ms G Aneeja - Paper 7
Mr Y. Babji - Paper 8
Dr CV Narasimha Reddi, Senior Academic Consultant (Public Relations) @ University Hqrs
Address for enquiry, communication & correspondence
Director, Student Services Branch, Dr BR Ambedkar Open University, Prof. G Ram Reddy Marg, Road No.46, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad 500 033 Ph. 040 23680333/23680293, website www.braou.ac.in